Just got a text to order my23

DevilDog

Oct 18, 2021
Edmond, Oklahoma
You have to call Ford to defer
I went to my dealer yesterday to try and sort this out. With a reservation in the first few minutes of 5/19 I was willing to pay a premium to order an ER Lariat for the MY22 and be one of the first in the country to have an EV truck. But an invitation never came for MY22 and now that I'm finally invited to order a MY23 my cheapest option is a Lariat. For me it just doesn't make sense. Everyone has their own set of priorities and I don't like the pricing games anymore than the next but this is what capitalism looks like. So by the time I look at spending well over 70k for a truck, I'm going to need more than 300 miles of range to further justify it for myself. And at that point I am very close to 90k for a lightning. At this point I'm kicking myself for cancelling my earlier R1T reservation in favor of the lightning but I'm right back there. For me at that price I'll take the risk on losing a dealer network and no whole home backup power in favor of a much more unique looking truck with styling I prefer and supercar acceleration and the adjustable air suspension. My dealer told me their Ford rep didn't give them an option to defer my reservation and that it was unclear to all of them if I was just to slip to the next MY or get dropped altogether. I tried to secure a PRO order at the dealer knowing it will likely be 2 - 3 years and I'm still willing to do so because even with the price hike I still think the PRO is an untouchable deal. But the price will only continue to rise as we all know. Everyone sticking with Ford and ordering up on a Lariat when you really wanted an XLT or a Pro, I am confident you will still love your truck and you'll get it sooner than I'll get my Rivian but that is the beauty of the growing options! Hopefully frunk is right as usual and when I call Ford today I can defer my reservation and still get a Lightning or even better an electric hotrod Maverick or Ranger in a few years for a decent price.

OP
X

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
Bye folks, this is it for me. Pre-ordered 9 minutes in 5/19, life-long Ford customer (with two Fords currently in garage) after getting jerked around by ford for more than a year I'm canceling my order and no longer buying Fords. I've freed up my slot for someone else in line behind me. Good luck folks.

PS: Is there a way to delete my account here?

Attachments

• cancel.jpg
    cancel.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 55

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Bye folks, this is it for me. Pre-ordered 9 minutes in 5/19, life-long Ford customer (with two Fords currently in garage) after getting jerked around by ford for more than a year I'm canceling my order and no longer buying Fords. I've freed up my slot for someone else in line behind me. Good luck folks.

PS: Is there a way to delete my account here?
What happened you were ready to order yesterday

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
I just got my invite today as well. I emailed my dealer to see if they will give me the "Ford F-150 Lightning Customer Satisfaction Private Offer" - not likely going to happen, but if I don't get that, I'm not sure I should order... uggh, now it is down to the final decision time.
BTW, no dice on the private offer... but I'm sure you all know that by now.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I went to my dealer yesterday to try and sort this out. With a reservation in the first few minutes of 5/19 I was willing to pay a premium to order an ER Lariat for the MY22 and be one of the first in the country to have an EV truck. But an invitation never came for MY22 and now that I'm finally invited to order a MY23 my cheapest option is a Lariat. For me it just doesn't make sense. Everyone has their own set of priorities and I don't like the pricing games anymore than the next but this is what capitalism looks like. So by the time I look at spending well over 70k for a truck, I'm going to need more than 300 miles of range to further justify it for myself. And at that point I am very close to 90k for a lightning. At this point I'm kicking myself for cancelling my earlier R1T reservation in favor of the lightning but I'm right back there. For me at that price I'll take the risk on losing a dealer network and no whole home backup power in favor of a much more unique looking truck with styling I prefer and supercar acceleration and the adjustable air suspension. My dealer told me their Ford rep didn't give them an option to defer my reservation and that it was unclear to all of them if I was just to slip to the next MY or get dropped altogether. I tried to secure a PRO order at the dealer knowing it will likely be 2 - 3 years and I'm still willing to do so because even with the price hike I still think the PRO is an untouchable deal. But the price will only continue to rise as we all know. Everyone sticking with Ford and ordering up on a Lariat when you really wanted an XLT or a Pro, I am confident you will still love your truck and you'll get it sooner than I'll get my Rivian but that is the beauty of the growing options! Hopefully frunk is right as usual and when I call Ford today I can defer my reservation and still get a Lightning or even better an electric hotrod Maverick or Ranger in a few years for a decent price.
We would love to know if Ford will let you defer Please post. Thanks

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
Hello all,

I’m curious if the wave that kicked off last week will have the same two week period before they send out the next wave - which I presume will be next week. I have been waiting to order a Lariat trim and I know the Pro/XLT were sold out and there will be no deferrals this time around so I was hoping to get invited to order in the next week or so. Anyone have any gut feelings on this possibility?

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
Well, I decided to go ahead and order, I ended up ordering a 2023 Lariat, Standard Range, Avalanche, with CoPilot 360 Active 2.0. I had a hard time making the decision, but it came down to, worst case, I could probably sell it for more than I bought it and it is a very very nice truck!

Ssob

Dec 17, 2021
Sterling
Hello all,

I’m curious if the wave that kicked off last week will have the same two week period before they send out the next wave - which I presume will be next week. I have been waiting to order a Lariat trim and I know the Pro/XLT were sold out and there will be no deferrals this time around so I was hoping to get invited to order in the next week or so. Anyone have any gut feelings on this possibility?
I don't have a definitive answer to your question. However, I do know that the wave that kicked off last week has a suspense date of 9/30/2022 to place the order. I would assume that the results of those orders will dictate who to offer an order invitation to, after that date (targeting those that have a documented preference for an XLT (High), Lariat and Platinum). I could also see another wave being kicked off between now and 9/30, too, to keep feeding the planning process. I suspect the frequency of the waves will decrease as Ford gets closer to having the number of orders equal its production capacity. The MY23 ordering process is only at the beginning, so I would expect the waves to still be consistent with the pace of the MY22 waves.

Steve

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I agree with Ssob. They start building the 2023s Oct 10 so they need to know what they are going to build.

Jenja

Aug 24, 2021
Pacific Northwest
Well, I decided to go ahead and order, I ended up ordering a 2023 Lariat, Standard Range, Avalanche, with CoPilot 360 Active 2.0. I had a hard time making the decision, but it came down to, worst case, I could probably sell it for more than I bought it and it is a very very nice truck!
I did the same thing, originally wanted a Pro but couldn't bear to just let my reservation vanish... The Lariat will be above and beyond but so will the payment! Hopefully we can still get a tax credit???!!! I ordered the same as you except Rapid Red. I figured might as well add the blue cruise at this point as well, didn't realize it also added the phone as a key so that was a bonus.

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
I am hoping to be able to place an order soon…just got this update from my dealer: “The good news we received so fare is that you moved from 9th in line to 7th as of this week! Thank your for the update and please continue to keep me informed!”

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
I am hoping to be able to place an order soon…just got this update from my dealer: “The good news we received so fare is that you moved from 9th in line to 7th as of this week! Thank your for the update and please continue to keep me informed!”
You aren’t bumping off guys in front of you? 😃