My reservation now reads "YOUR RESERVATION FOR THE ALL NEW FORD F-150 LIGHTNING XLT"

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
I log into my reservation every day, on the off chance that they opened it up and I can put in my order. I noticed that today my reservation reads "YOUR RESERVATION FOR THE ALL NEW FORD F-150 LIGHTNING XLT" which I think is odd; what if I want a Lariat? I think it used to read "YOUR RESERVATION FOR THE ALL NEW 2022 FORD F-150 LIGHTNING", but I don't recall.

It also added a link to a Pre-Approval Certificate (but the fine print says it expires on 1/31/2021) - ha ha.
Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 12.41.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 12.46.38 PM.png

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I got the same email and i have a Platinum saved in my account. I take that as a good oman. I read today that Ford has delivered Lightnings to all 50 states.Ford sales jumped way up in July so there stock is up to $15.69. They also said Texas got the most Lightnings. I am hopping Ford will start the waves tomorrow or a week from tomorrow. They said they are going to start production on the 2023 october so they will have to start the waves soon. They must know I want a Platinum because I was Pre -Approved for $110k but like yours it had expired.

I just looked at my saved truck in my ford account and now it says Sorry this configuration is no longer available

Last edited:

kericks1991

Oct 31, 2021
Washington State
I log into my reservation every day, on the off chance that they opened it up and I can put in my order. I noticed that today my reservation reads "YOUR RESERVATION FOR THE ALL NEW FORD F-150 LIGHTNING XLT" which I think is odd; what if I want a Lariat? I think it used to read "YOUR RESERVATION FOR THE ALL NEW 2022 FORD F-150 LIGHTNING", but I don't recall.

It also added a link to a Pre-Approval Certificate (but the fine print says it expires on 1/31/2021) - ha ha.
View attachment 470
View attachment 471
I know right?? I noticed the same thing. "I don't recall it saying an XLT"! Also, I got the Ford Motor Credit pre-approval certificate months ago and it was listed on the reservation page, then it disappeared and now it is back. Maybe they're trying to fill orders for some remaining 2022 production? I did not get an email, however.

OP
T

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
I know right?? I noticed the same thing. "I don't recall it saying an XLT"! Also, I got the Ford Motor Credit pre-approval certificate months ago and it was listed on the reservation page, then it disappeared and now it is back. Maybe they're trying to fill orders for some remaining 2022 production? I did not get an email, however.
I also did not get any email; just noticed the change on the reservation portal. I had the same issue where the certificate was on the page previously and then it was removed.

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
I just checked and it also says XLT for me. I am not planning to buy the XLT. I am only interested in the Pro. I hope this does not mean they are only planning to sell me the XLT.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I had two saved Platinums trucks on my portal and now they say no longer available so I saved another Platinum and it saved it so I deleted the old ones.

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
I have a Lightning Pro saved to my profile. I don’t think I ever saved an XLT build.
How does one save a trim (you have a Pro saved to your profile)
to their profile?
On the site it just states that I have a reservation for a lightning. I doesn’t specify which trim.

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
How does one save a trim (you have a Pro saved to your profile)
to their profile?
On the site it just states that I have a reservation for a lightning. I doesn’t specify which trim.
You can go through the build/configuration process and save the configuration. It is not related to the reservation, but that is the only place where I indicated my preference.

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
You can go through the build/configuration process and save the configuration. It is not related to the reservation, but that is the only place where I indicated my preference.
Thanks.
I do see a Pro listed on mine now.

Hersbird

Aug 29, 2021
MT
I had a Pro but now mine says XLT. I'm not buying an $13,000 more expensive truck I know that. $41,000 good deal, $54,000 too much.

Now the new EV tax credit program changing is also going to ruin my VW ID4 buy which was scheduled for delivery in November. As soon as the president signs that bill the ID4 is no longer eligible. Again, it's worth $47,000 with a $7500 tax credit, it's not worth $47,000 all by itself.

Oh well, back to my fire powered Sonata. At least it's getting over 50 mpg.

Intrepidagent

Nov 9, 2021
Maryland
I had a Pro but now mine says XLT. I'm not buying an $13,000 more expensive truck I know that. $41,000 good deal, $54,000 too much.

Now the new EV tax credit program changing is also going to ruin my VW ID4 buy which was scheduled for delivery in November. As soon as the president signs that bill the ID4 is no longer eligible. Again, it's worth $47,000 with a $7500 tax credit, it's not worth $47,000 all by itself.

Oh well, back to my fire powered Sonata. At least it's getting over 50 mpg.
If passed and signed the the new EV tax credits, and their qualifications, do not take effect until 01-01-2023. So your VW EV purchase in November will be covered under the current rules.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
If passed and signed the the new EV tax credits, and their qualifications, do not take effect until 01-01-2023. So your VW EV purchase in November will be covered under the current rules.
And even if your VWI4 don't come in until 2023 as long as you have ordered it before 2023 you will be under the old tax credit

Hersbird

Aug 29, 2021
MT
Nope, the made in North America rule goes into effect the day Biden signs it, and you aren't allowed to have a binding purchase contract in place until you have an actual VIN assigned which it doesn't have as it hasn't started production.

It's a huge cluster...

Hersbird

Aug 29, 2021
MT
And even if your VWI4 don't come in until 2023 as long as you have ordered it before 2023 you will be under the old tax credit
Nope, you need a binding purchase order which the dealer says they aren't allowed to do by law as they don't even have a VIN assigned let alone the car in their possession. They are the ones selling it, not Volkswagen, so I have a reservation but no sales contract.

The new law says you need a binding sales contract.

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
Mine reads ”XLT” as well - I was only ever interested in Lariat but that may change now….may go hybrid and call it a day since the tax incentives are gone after prices were raised past the threshold (what a brilliant move…).

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
Mine reads ”XLT” as well - I was only ever interested in Lariat but that may change now….may go hybrid and call it a day since the tax incentives are gone after prices were raised past the threshold (what a brilliant move…).
I am planning to go hybrid as well. The price increases made the Lightning Pro unaffordable for me. My configuration went up by $8k. I hope Toyota launches the Tacoma hybrid for FY24. It was delayed this year due to the chip shortage.