New 2023 Lightning Owner with several Questions

alan_rovner

Apr 17, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2023 6 week old used Lightning XLT from Carmax. So far I'm very pleased with everything but do have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to see what software/firmware version my Lightning has?

2. My Lightning was manufactured in January, 2023 and so far has not prompted me for any updates. I think the Software Updates area in Sync does show an update but the button is grayed out.

3. My Ford Pass app does not include a Use Phone As A Key link as I have seen in Youtube videos. Does that mean I'm out of date and do need at least one update?

4. Do I need to disconnect and reconnect the 12V battery as I have seen in other videos?

I've been a Tesla owner for 4 years and can say the Tesla software update process is absolutely seamless. No issues or trouble of any kind.

Thank you,
Alan Rovner
Vancouver, Wash.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2023 6 week old used Lightning XLT from Carmax. So far I'm very pleased with everything but do have a few questions.

2. My Lightning was manufactured in January, 2023 and so far has not prompted me for any updates. I think the Software Updates area in Sync does show an update but the button is grayed out.

3. My Ford Pass app does not include a Use Phone As A Key link as I have seen in Youtube videos. Does that mean I'm out of date and do need at least one update?

4. Do I need to disconnect and reconnect the 12V battery as I have seen in other videos?

I've been a Tesla owner for 4 years and can say the Tesla software update process is absolutely seamless. No issues or trouble of any kind.

Thank you,
Alan Rovner
Vancouver, Wash.
Go to your truck and set up phone as a key and on your truck tell it to auto update the software. What did you have to pay for your truck? I just want to know it the price gouging is over.

OP
A

alan_rovner

Apr 17, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Thanks for the reply. I paid 73K for a Lightning XLT that was 6 weeks old with 1K miles on it. It's in like new condition. You can go to Carmax' web site and look for Lightnings. Currently 3 are shown, all XLT's. They vary in price from 71-74K. I also paid $400 in shipping fees to get the XLT
I don't believe XLT includes PAAK
Thanks Jim, I'm slowly learning about all the features the XLT does not include. Such as Blue Cruise, adaptive cruise control, folding mirrors, and now Phone As A Key. Nonetheless it's a nice truck and maybe next time I'll look at a Lariat.

Regards,
Alan

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN

Thank you,
Alan Rovner
Vancouver, Wash.
On #1, I had the same issue and discovered you will never know the initial software release. Once an update is ready and installs, it shows the “version and release notes”. But you are stuck until an update happens. It was almost 2 months for me.