Next order email wave?

steven

Nov 26, 2021
tucson
The way I count it should have happened by now. If you get one, please log it here. It looks like for the most part Ford and/or its dealers are observing the chronological order of reservation dates. For the record, if I had the opportunity to jump to the head of the line I would take it. It appears that dealers can make this happen. But for those of us who have to wait our turn, this Lightning Tracker is an important tool for supplying information about where Ford is in processing the reservation queue. It is also useful in spotting dealers who may be taking inordinate advantage of their ability to reward favored customers. If large numbers of reservation queue jumpers start showing up in the same city, readers can decide whether they need to move their reservation to another dealer.

Question for those who have submitted orders: do you get a response from Ford indicating targeted production dates?

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
From my wave-3 experience, documented thoroughly, the FORD.COM reservation site reflected my ability to convert my reservation around 1:40 PM EST on Feb 3.

I was able to configure my build and transmit my order to the dealer at 1:47 PM EST

I would expect this will be similar today for those of you lucky enough to order.

NOTE
The official invitation to convert came by email at 5:00 PM EST
The official invitation to convert by text message arrived at 5:30 PM EST

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Well it looks like Ford is going to keep us waiting till next week for wave 4. Maybe after the bridge closing they are waiting to see how many parts they get in. This is like waiting to see if you won the Lottery.

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
Status of available trims start of Wave-4
I wonder if Platinum will be sold out by wave 5?

1645189393999.png

OP
S

steven

Nov 26, 2021
tucson
Status of available trims start of Wave-4
I wonder if Platinum will be sold out by wave 5?

View attachment 331
Thanks for this - particularly the "Estimated Delivery" information. This still leaves some unanswered questions:
1- Does "Currently SOLD OUT" mean for the rest of the year or just until Ford can get some more parts?
2- (maybe just 1.a.) Is the option to "Extend My Reservation" because that trim won't be available in 2022?
3- Is "Estimated Delivery" the time until the truck can be driven off a dealer lot or just when they will be available for shipping to the dealer?

This is important in Arizona because at the end of the year the tax benefit for owning an EV will expire resulting in a $3000+ tax cost increase for buying a Lariat:

Cost of Licensing a Lightning in Arizona - 2022 vs. 2023
With 2022 AZ EV creditAssessed valueWithout 2022 AZ EV creditAssessed value
433.85​
15,494.80​
- year 1
1,301.56​
46,484.40​
363.35​
12,976.90​
- year 2
1,090.06​
38,930.69​
304.3081878​
10,868.15​
- year 3
912.92​
32,604.45​
254.8581072​
9,102.08​
- year 4
764.57​
27,306.23​
213.4436648​
7,622.99​
- year 5
640.33​
22,868.96​
1,569.82​
Total taxes
4,709.45​

(Ford should ship all its Lightnings to Arizona until I have mine.)

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
I assume you have this view because you have an order in? I still don't understand why I've not yet received an invite! I reserved on 5/19 right after the reveal.
This is a screen shot from another members Wave-4 activity.

I ordered in wave-3 when only the PRO was sold out for Model Year 22

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
Thanks for this - particularly the "Estimated Delivery" information. This still leaves some unanswered questions:
1- Does "Currently SOLD OUT" mean for the rest of the year or just until Ford can get some more parts?
2- (maybe just 1.a.) Is the option to "Extend My Reservation" because that trim won't be available in 2022?
3- Is "Estimated Delivery" the time until the truck can be driven off a dealer lot or just when they will be available for shipping to the dealer?

This is important in Arizona because at the end of the year the tax benefit for owning an EV will expire resulting in a $3000+ tax cost increase for buying a Lariat:
1 Sold out for model year 2022.

2 Extending your reservation places you into Model Year 2023 reservation group, that ordering process will start late summer 2022, I speculate they will open the reservations to let more folks stand in line behind you and all others who decide to extend rather than cancel.

3- I don't recall a specific definition of "Estimated Delivery 24+ Weeks", but based on what shows in our order trackers, I'd say it is when the vehicle is ready to pickup at selling dealer location, highly variable based on transcontinental movements to/from the Rouge of commodities and finished product

1645223320878.png

Bill F.

Sep 21, 2021
California
From my wave-3 experience, documented thoroughly, the FORD.COM reservation site reflected my ability to convert my reservation around 1:40 PM EST on Feb 3.

I was able to configure my build and transmit my order to the dealer at 1:47 PM EST

I would expect this will be similar today for those of you lucky enough to order.

NOTE
The official invitation to convert came by email at 5:00 PM EST
The official invitation to convert by text message arrived at 5:30 PM EST
Your lucky!

B Randall

Feb 6, 2022
Snow Hill, MD
The way I count it should have happened by now. If you get one, please log it here. It looks like for the most part Ford and/or its dealers are observing the chronological order of reservation dates. For the record, if I had the opportunity to jump to the head of the line I would take it. It appears that dealers can make this happen. But for those of us who have to wait our turn, this Lightning Tracker is an important tool for supplying information about where Ford is in processing the reservation queue. It is also useful in spotting dealers who may be taking inordinate advantage of their ability to reward favored customers. If large numbers of reservation queue jumpers start showing up in the same city, readers can decide whether they need to move their reservation to another dealer.

Question for those who have submitted orders: do you get a response from Ford indicating targeted production dates?
I am awaiting notification from Ford that I have been shifted to production mode; I have heard nothing since I received confirmation of my order 27 days ago.

Randy