[Official] I've reserved a 2022 Ford Lightning Thread!

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
reserve-ford-lightning.png
Who's officially in line and put down a deposit on the new F150 Lightning?

* Reservation deposits are $100
* For more information, visit: https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/reservation-information/

If you have already placed your reservation, be sure to join the Forum Reservation Member List!
Fill out this form to be added: https://www.ford-lightning.com/pages/ford-lightning-order-tracking/

Last edited:

CoyoteJim

May 26, 2021
Carmichael
I started placing an order at the moment the link went live…took me about 10 minutes to place the order though, so I’m sure I wasn’t numero uno.

M3Master

May 22, 2021
Austin, TX
I started placing an order at the moment the link went live…took me about 10 minutes to place the order though, so I’m sure I wasn’t numero uno.
I placed my order unfortunately about 18 hrs after it went live. I checked with my friend/salesman and they have 200+ orders at this point. He said I am about 60th on the list. People are already cancelling left and right because they can't get a fully loaded platinum for 40k(lol...just kidding but thats the gist). So I hope that will drop about 25-30% of the people in front of me. Another few won't place their orders. Hopefully being 40th or so in line will get me a 2022. If not, 2023 it is.

OP
wired

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
How much was the deposit to reserve a Lightning?

$100 will get you in line. I've updated the first post with that information along with a link to sign up!

Pghman

Jun 8, 2021
Pa
I’m in line as of tonight. I really like the truck but without tax incentives, I’ll likely drop out when the time comes.

OP
wired

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
I will bet that the new administration figures out a way to renew the tax incentives and maybe even increase them.
Agreed, I thought there was talk that it would actually increase with the infrastructure bill.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
Does anyone know approx how many Lightning’s will be made in 2022?
According to Automotive News, Farley said that Ford has already “made a call on volume,” but he declined to say what 2022 F-150 Lightning production would be limited to. According to Wolfe Research, the Ford Rouge Electric Vehicle Center is capable of producing 80,000 trucks per year, a number it determined based on available capacity data.

MHK

Jun 9, 2021
According to Automotive News, Farley said that Ford has already “made a call on volume,” but he declined to say what 2022 F-150 Lightning production would be limited to. According to Wolfe Research, the Ford Rouge Electric Vehicle Center is capable of producing 80,000 trucks per year, a number it determined based on available capacity data.

Thanks! It could be I won’t get mine until 2023:-/

jcmiii3

Jun 11, 2021
Who's officially in line and put down a deposit on the new F150 Lightning?

* Reservation deposits are $100
* For more information, visit: https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/reservation-information/
I made my reservation before the event was over and also had to wait about ten minutes to get one. Don't know my number, but I know it's less than 22K, so I'm confident I'll get one next year. Can't wait to see full pricing and option availability.

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
I placed my order about 2 days after the announcement of this vehicle. I think 40,000 preorders had been placed by this time. Assuming some of those ahead of me drop out, when do you think I could get one of these? 2022, 2023?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I placed my order about 2 days after the announcement of this vehicle. I think 40,000 preorders had been placed by this time. Assuming some of those ahead of me drop out, when do you think I could get one of these? 2022, 2023?
I bet you have a good chance of getting one before the end of 2022.
Is there a way to find how many are ahead of you... I reserved mine the next day ... here's my resrvation 10873712
Not yet, but we are trying to figure out how to tell that from the reservation numbers posted here.