[Official] I've reserved a 2022 Ford Lightning Thread!

Georgia Hawkeye

Jun 18, 2021
Georgia
Reserved on 5/29. Wish I better understood timing of order and delivery or at least when that information will be available. Practicing patience! 😬

OP
wired

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
We now have 52 people from the forum and facebook group that have posted their reservation number. Here's a breakdown by state.

ford-lightning-state-breakdown.png

Pod

Jul 2, 2021
Virginia
Have my reservation BUT my dealer is incommunicado after the initial yaaayyy email. Have we seen any solid offers from dealers here? I’m considering moving my reservation.

M3Master

May 22, 2021
Austin, TX
Have my reservation BUT my dealer is incommunicado after the initial yaaayyy email. Have we seen any solid offers from dealers here? I’m considering moving my reservation.
I think that is true with most people. There simply hasn't been any new information released by Ford. I've heard if you move dealers you lose your place in line...so unless you have a good reason to distrust your dealer, give it some serious thought. That being said, I don't know for sure...it's just what I read on here and on Facebook.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I don't think dealers have any new information at this point to convey. They probably won't reach out to you until the order banks open and you can actually submit a build to Ford.

OP
wired

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
Florida continues to lead with the most reservations from the forum and Facebook group! We now have 74 members that have signed up.

lightining-res-list-july10.png

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Looking at the reservation list I thank they started a 10800000 but I think they also look at credit scores and can move you up if someone else has bad credit also if you change your dealership that will move you to the bottom I was told

1st ford

Jul 8, 2021
Texas
my dealer has been the same and I would move my reservation if I could. My sales rep becomes my partner and I expect to be treated better then my dealer.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
By looking at the reservation list It looks like they started with 10800000. I am sure they look at credit scores and move you accordingly. If you call and change your dealership they move you to the bottom I was told.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I was told by ford that if you change dealership you go to the bottom of the list. This wrong.

Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375, hours of operation is M-F 8AM - 8PM EST, for assistance in updating their dealer selection. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I was told by ford that if you change dealership you go to the bottom of the list. This wrong.

Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375, hours of operation is M-F 8AM - 8PM EST, for assistance in updating their dealer selection. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.
That's good to know, thanks!

OP
wired

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
We are now up to 108 people that have filled out the forum/group Reservation list.

Florida continues to be the state with the most reservations!

ford-lightning-reservation-list.png

corytx69

Aug 4, 2021
Texas
We are now up to 108 people that have filled out the forum/group Reservation list.

Florida continues to be the state with the most reservations!

View attachment 66
I live in the Texas panhandle - we have minimal EV infrastructure - i have a BMW i3 and charge at home, but I40 between Albuquerque,NM and Elk City, OK and Amarillo, TX to Lubbock, TX there are only 4 DC fast charging and a handful of Tesla chargers. Trucks are super popular here, but people are hard core believers in gas, because oil/gas/farming/ranching are king here. Ford will have a hard time convincing cowboys to go electric. I think having charging infrastructure on some the major farm to market roads will be a big help in that direction.

Hersbird

Aug 29, 2021
MT
Well I just put in a reservation and if 10,800,000 is true for a starting point, I'm over 377,000. That's a little concerning. If they don't extend the federal tax incentives and don't have at least a $7500 credit still I'm going to pass. Now here's hoping instead it goes up to $12,500 and is fully refundable for union made in the USA!