XLT High: $68,474
XLT High / Extended Range: $80,974
Lariat: $74,474
Lariat Extended Range: $85,974
Platinum Extended Range: $96,874

Ssob

Dec 17, 2021
Sterling
Go to Ford.com, Build & Price. Once you click on Build & Price, only the 2023 prices are available. One cannot get a Lightning with the ER Battery without losing the EV credit. An XLT, with no options other than ER is $80,974.

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
Go to Ford.com, Build & Price. Once you click on Build & Price, only the 2023 prices are available. One cannot get a Lightning with the ER Battery without losing the EV credit. An XLT, with no options other than ER is $80,974.
OMG! That is ridiculous!! Well, I most likely will be canceling my reservation now...

Grumpy

Jan 24, 2022
Oregon
Folks with a previous reservation who don't yet have an order because they are waiting for a preferred specification don't have to pay the higher price. "Current order holders awaiting delivery are not impacted by these price adjustments," said Marin Gjaja, chief customer officer of the Model E division. "We’ve announced pricing ahead of re-opening order banks so our reservation holders can make an informed decision around ordering a Lightning."

We will soon find out if this is true.

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
We will soon find out if this is true.
"Current order holders awaiting delivery are not impacted by these price adjustments," said Marin Gjaja. So is a 'reservation holder' the same as an 'order holder'? I suspect not, I will hold my reservation until I can try to convert to an order and I guess then we will know.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I do not believe Ford would not grandfather us in on the price. Ford has alway treated me good so I will wait till tomorrow

Last edited:

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
I am waiting too but the Reservation terms always said they do not guarantee pricing. I also was hoping for a Lariat but my 2023 versions jumped by $10,000 and even the 2022 pricing was more than I ever imagined I would pay for a vehicle so I’m likely converting back to ICE F-150…disappointing but need to live in

The CNBC article said they have only sold 4400 thru May…then you have the few they doled out to dealers as test drive machines, that does not seem like 15,000 2022’s - do they have 9,000 orders taken and waiting on delivery now?

Last edited:

Ssob

Dec 17, 2021
Sterling
"Folks with a previous reservation who don't yet have an order because they are waiting for a preferred specification don't have to pay the higher price."

Curious why that caveat was added. I don't have an order because I wasn't invited to place an order. Does that mean it is only for those who were invited, but voluntarily deferred because they couldn't get the trim they preferred?

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
"Folks with a previous reservation who don't yet have an order because they are waiting for a preferred specification don't have to pay the higher price."

Curious why that caveat was added. I don't have an order because I wasn't invited to place an order. Does that mean it is only for those who were invited, but voluntarily deferred because they couldn't get the trim they preferred?
I just plain was not invited to order yet - I wanted the Lariat which I thought they were producing the most of…I’m still curious about their total production numbers. I have been pricing out ISE Lariat and King Ranch models since the EV is unlikely for me.

Grumpy

Jan 24, 2022
Oregon
Lightning reservation holders who previously received an invitation to order their vehicle, but who extended their reservation because their specifications were unavailable, will receive a "private offer for use in upcoming waves," Ford said.

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
Folks who might get a 'private offer'(which sounds like they will receive the same, or close to, 2022 prices) were the ones who were ALREADY offered to place a 2022 ORDER, but who's trim level(Pro and XLT) were no longer available. They were optionally offered to choose a Lariat or Platinum, but if they chose not to, they were offered to be placed in a 2023 'order holding' line. These are the only folks who will be offered a 2023 model FIRST, with different(lower) pricing that anyone else who is then 'new' to receiving an 2023 OFFER to order.

OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Feb 3, 2022
CA
Ford is doing those folks right. They will be getting a 2023 model for a 2022 price through a “private offer” from Ford. They just need to stay patient.

I was a wave 3 reservation and originally wanted a Pro. They were sold out so I opted for an XLT. The truck shipped today!

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
Ford is doing those folks right. They will be getting a 2023 model for a 2022 price through a “private offer” from Ford. They just need to stay patient.

I was a wave 3 reservation and originally wanted a Pro. They were sold out so I opted for an XLT. The truck shipped today!
I partially agree, it is good for those who were able to get an invitation, but the whole invitation process was flawed. I had my reservation in day-one 5/19 and I never received any invite to order, but now I'm stuck with 2023 pricing and frankly, unless they give me some sort of deal, this increase is too much for me to swallow. I think all 200k reservation holders should get a chance to order at a reduced price, but I know that is not likely to happen.

OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Feb 3, 2022
CA
I think buyer location had a lot of influence on who got picked. Ford wanted the truck to ship to the West Coast and other parts of the country first.

If you think Ford is bad It’s WAY worse with Rivian R1T reservations. Buyers who reserved the truck is 2018/2019/2020 still haven’t received a vehicle while plenty of 2021 reservation holders have.

The system is a total mess and many buyers are ticked off at the company.

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
invites won't start until about two weeks, with only those with EXISTING pre-orders, meaning they were offered to order a 22, but their PRO trim level was not available, and they opted to wait for a 23. Others who deferred to 23 for an XLT will get an invite about two weeks after that. Other 'invites' will happen over time, in waves, well after all that, probably in October.