Production Vehicles

Jim Moore

Jun 17, 2021
California
Anyone know if the automotive press (Motor Trend, etc.) has had early access to a production vehicle? On the same note, anyone know if any production vehicles have been shipped yet?

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Anyone know if the automotive press (Motor Trend, etc.) has had early access to a production vehicle? On the same note, anyone know if any production vehicles have been shipped yet?
I have not seen any I thank Ford is trying to keep anyone from copying the Lightning. I would like to know if everyone was pre approved for financing. Ford pre a[[roved me and I did not even ask them to.

Lightning-Lab

Feb 15, 2022
Annapolis
I have not seen any I thank Ford is trying to keep anyone from copying the Lightning. I would like to know if everyone was pre approved for financing. Ford pre a[[roved me and I did not even ask them to.
Yes I was pre approved. Did not give dealer ss# when I ordered. Ford has my credit info since I just finished lease on a ‘19.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
The earliest assigned customer order build date I've seen anyone mention so far is April 18th. I've seen a dealer mannequin build date for the week before that, 4/11. No production vehicles have been shipped yet because those dates imply that none have been built yet.

I'm not sure if the vehicles they use for media testing are batched with the dealer mannequins or separately, but I would think they'd be built in early April as well. I wouldn't expect any hands-on reviews before mid April, at the earliest.