What is Ford removing on the Lightning for 2023 with a $6,000 increase

• Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal
  • On-Board Scales and Smart Hitch Removal
  • Heated Steering Wheel Removal
  • That is what is removed from a Platinum or Lariat
Would this be eniff to make you decline the truck.
I don't think you would use the on-board scale once you set up your trailer
and Heated Steering Wheel I could always preheat the truck on those cooled days in Texas
but will a $100'000 Truck have a Security alarm? That makes no sense to me

Last edited:

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
  • Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal
  • On-Board Scales and Smart Hitch Removal
  • Heated Steering Wheel Removal
  • That is what is removed from a Platinum or Lariat
Would this be eniff to make you decline the truck.
I don't think you would use the on-board scale once you set up your trailer
and Heated Steering Wheel I could always preheat the truck on those cooled days in Texas
but will a $100'000 Truck have a Security alarm? That makes no sense to me
Yes - but the dealer told me that these would be activated later when the parts were available.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Yes - but the dealer told me that these would be activated later when the parts were available.
That sound great if they do but how do they get a heated steering wheel? I hop you are right.

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
That sound great if they do but how do they get a heated steering wheel? I hop you are right.
The way they explained it to me, the bulk of the heating steering wheel components are in place, the steering wheel itself and the wiring harness, but the module that it plugs into is the thing that they cannot get at the moment. But once it comes in, they will schedule an appointment to install it.

As for the onboard scales, I’m not sure how that portion will work, but I do know that the data produced by the scales is kind of critical for range calculations, so I’m hoping they get that in as soon as possible.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I want to believe your dealer but i remember when Ford removed those items they also refunded the money for each of the removals. I would gladly give the money back if i could get them.