Who is out

Well it looks like Ford could raise the price again and people will pay whatever it cost

Yes, the Pro that I configured went up by $8k because in addition to the base price increase, the options are also more expensive. Now the Pro is $60k+ after taxes and fees.

If GM does the same with the $40k Silverado EV WT, then I’ll wait until there is a mid size hybrid truck. I will probably end up with a Tacoma Hybrid.

I am looking at a hybrid or just keep my truck it is in great shape. this has been fun and aggravating.

Im just going to drive my old 215k mile, never been in the shop, everything works, fast as crap 2008 Infiniti G35x, and my old 126k 1998 Silverado 2wd 3 door. Im going to keep my reservation (5/23) just to see what the hell happens.

at 100,000 miles i replace all fluids power steering, brake fluid, transmission fluid, radiator and I always get 300,000 mile then I sale it

I was planning to choose the Lightning Pro over the Silverado EV WT because it would be more affordable at $40k with the $7.5 tax credit. Now Ford has canceled out the tax credit by raising the prices and GM is now eligible for the tax credit again.

I’ll wait to see if they make me a special offer. Otherwise I’ll see if GM is raising the Silverado EV WT prices. I reserved the Silverado EV in the first minute. Hopefully I am in one of the first waves.

If they also raise the prices on the Silverado EV, then I’ll get an ICE truck. Even at todays crazy gas prices I would save less than $10k in 10 years with an EV truck. And with an ICE truck I can tow an RV.

Maybe FORD will be smart and come out with the F150 Hybrid PHEV(PLug In) so that owners can run around town on pure EV power, but have the engine for towing and long trips. The Maverick has the Hybrid option, and the F150 Hybrid, with ProPower, but they are not plug in, so you have little control over being able to stay in pure EV mode. I hope the Maverick and F150 PHEVs are in the future.

I found a Lightning in Houston for $50,000 but when i called they told me the MSRP is $48,000 but it is a minichain and they are taking bids. It is a black Pro and they already have a man that will give $115,000. Randall Reed Ford in Humble texas. I called another dealer they have a manichain and they said they could not sale it for 6 months but Ford has told them to advertise it as for sale. Ford is screwed up

Last edited:
yes, mannequins, or 'DEMO' Lightnings, have to be held by the dealer on the lot for a minimum of 6 months, then they are free to sell it for whatever the market will bring, good or bad. The only way to protect pricing is to order one, but, of course, that is also problematic if you don't already have a reservation. Some dealers will take a deposit on a DEMO unit now, to be sold after the 6 month wait, but others are deciding to NOT take any deposits and see what the market gives them at that time. It's such a popular new vehicle that the 'old rules' no longer apply. True, we don't like it, but as long as there is someone willing to pay that higher-than MSRP price, you can't blame the dealer.

I plame the dealer and Ford and I have a reservation and Ford did not protect my price. They are both tacking advantage of uses. The fist truck they sold only to dealer and dealer resales and truck tester Ford never intended to sell that truck to the consumer at that price. and now we lost our tax credit

I understand your sadness, although I have one of 'those' trucks, the PRO LIGHTNING. Yes, they are in high demand and short supply, and while it's aggravating for those who really wanted one, Ford never said that they were only going to build the PRO version, or even in what numbers - the lowest-priced version of ANY vehicle from ANY manufacturer is NOT going to be the one they want to build the most of... if you notice, the LARIAT ER is so far. and by FAR, the MOST orders for the LIGHTNING, and that's a BIG jump over the price of the PRO, sometimes TWICE as much. Ford certainly wants to build more of those than the lower-priced models.

I get that people are angry, mad, confused, and even heartbroken. It's the luck of the draw, in many ways. It's easy for me to preach if I have one, but I've also waited a full 15 months from when this truck was announced to it's delivery. I've NEVER waited So Long for ANYTHING in my life!
We also sometimes want to 'blame' someone, such as Ford, but Ford is so far the ONLY auto manufacturer to give us ANYTHING - will the Silverado actually Ever come out? Will the eRam actually get off the drawing board anytime soon? Is the 'cybertruck' just a prank?? Ford is actually the LEADER here, not the villain.
Dealers, well, they are independent businesses, and yes, we can blame them in so regards, too, but they really have NO CONTROL over any of this, other than the final transaction.
My wife asked me just today 'why' FORD can't just sell directly to the public. Well, first of all, that would not necessarily expedite anything, more than it has already been, and Ford would then also have to get into the business of not only doing something they have NEVER IN THEIR HISTORY done before: sell directly to the end-user, where FORD would have to deal with all the taxes, tags, titles, paperwork, and not to mention the different 50 States that are involved, but they would also have to provide transport of the vehicles to the BUYER, not to a dealer, which creates even more time, money, and headache. Believe me, I'll be glad if they ever do, after all this time and waiting, but I also don't see it happening anytime in the near future.

It's almost crazy to think that some of us spend so much of our time on these forums about such a 'silly' thing as a new vehicle. There are new vehicles at every dealer in this country, on the lot, ready to be purchased and driven away right then, and yet we are so caught up in 'waiting' for the next big 'thing'. It's hard to put it into perspective, right now, in the middle of all this, but just a few years from now we will look back and maybe have a clearer picture of the whole aspect of this thing. We'll probably wonder exactly 'why' we got so impatient... oh well. Good luck.

I am not talking about a pro they raised the price of all models I want a Platinum.

I am on the cusp…been pricing out Hybrid F-150’s…
I made the decision that I am simply going to drop the Extended range Battery to drop the Lariat back down under $80K - I can live with 240 Mi (new increased range) for 2023 - the Hybrid pricing I worked thru was almost the same but you then have the “worst” of both worlds, a small but expensive battery and the maintenance costs on the ICE engine as well. I really did not want to lose the “frunk” and the power of the EV motors and our lack of a commute (we are fortunate enough to do IT work from home) makes the 240 mi and “topping off“ nightly to fit our needs…

So - I am keeping my reservation and looking forward to ordering a Lariat Standard in the near future.

I made the decision that I am simply going to drop the Extended range Battery to drop the Lariat back down under $80K - I can live with 240 Mi (new increased range) for 2023 - the Hybrid pricing I worked thru was almost the same but you then have the “worst” of both worlds, a small but expensive battery and the maintenance costs on the ICE engine as well. I really did not want to lose the “frunk” and the power of the EV motors and our lack of a commute (we are fortunate enough to do IT work from home) makes the 240 mi and “topping off“ nightly to fit our needs…

So - I am keeping my reservation and looking forward to ordering a Lariat Standard in the near future.
But if I tow my 6000 pound boat will i only get 50 miles on the sr battery

Back