Not looking good for a 2022 LIghtning - unless you reserved on day one.

f150-lightning-airstream-2022-ford.png

CEO Jim Farley said that the Ford received 20,000 orders on the first day, and now he confirmed that it rose to more than 44,000 reservations for the F-150 Lightning within 48 hours:
More than 44,500 reservations in less than 48 hours…and counting. The future is here: https://t.co/pbgGgnTVrS #F150Lightning pic.twitter.com/mpAztdfXZX
Watch for this:
(As to how many it will make in its first year of production, the spokesperson said more details would be shared later.)

"Ford has not disclosed how many electric trucks it plans to make in its first year of production."

Last edited by a moderator:

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Am beginning to think only #1 or #2 or maybe #3 at dealers will get a 22MY invite. Disappointing. Feels like the carrot was extended and then yanked back.

Aj67

Oct 1, 2021
Chicago
Am beginning to think only #1 or #2 or maybe #3 at dealers will get a 22MY invite. Disappointing. Feels like the carrot was extended and then yanked back.
Just more time save for a down payment, I’ll have this thing paid off by delivery in 3 years. Lol

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I believe if you take 15000 that they were going to build and double that like they say they are going to and take out the people that dropped out then that means everyone that reserved with in the first 3 days will get a truck. From this list it looks like ford tock one reservstion at each dealer that order on the first day or the earliest reservation that dealer had according to this list.

Last edited:
OP
S

steven

Nov 26, 2021
tucson
I believe if you take 15000 that they were going to build and double that like they say they are going to and take out the people that dropped out then that means everyone that reserved with in the first 3 days will get a truck.
Lots depends on WHEN Ford is going to double - this year in or by 2023.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Lots depends on WHEN Ford is going to double - this year in or by 2023.
The way i read this is Ford will produce 40k this year.

The number of electric F-150s Ford planned on making in its first few years of production has been a bit of a shifting target. At first, the company was only targeting 40,000 vehicles annually, eventually telling suppliers it expected that capacity to rise to 80,000 by early 2023, according to Automotive News. Now, that number has risen dramatically to 150,000 trucks by mid-2023, a spokesperson said. (As to how many it will make in its first year of production, the spokesperson said more details would be shared later.)

Old Aviator

Nov 18, 2021
WPB

The number of electric F-150s Ford planned on making in its first few years of production has been a bit of a shifting target. At first, the company was only targeting 40,000 vehicles annually, eventually telling suppliers it expected that capacity to rise to 80,000 by early 2023, according to Automotive News. Now, that number has risen dramatically to 150,000 trucks by mid-2023, a spokesperson said. (As to how many it will make in its first year of production, the spokesperson said more details would be shared later.)
Everyone seems to forget that individual 200,000 orders do not include fleet or Ford preferred customs who get first dibs.

I suspect that for the 200,000 that will mean only a trickle of opportunities for individuals to actually purchase in 22 and probably 23 since those "preferred" customers will always go in front of the masses.

I got in line for the Ford line on day 2 but I jumped in line within 10 minutes of the Chevy EV Truck. To be honest I'm not holding my breath on seeing either one before mid 23 at the earliest. AND to be certain I expect MSRP to jump even higher so hopefuuly that will give everyone a chance to save enough money to pay the difference on top of the upcoming increases in financing cost.

Hate to be a pessimist but it seems we are swimming against the tide on all fronts.

GOFAST

Oct 19, 2021
Annapolis, MD

I think it’s more complex than just capacity - model trims need to be factored in when determining when your order will be placed. There were a lot of XLT Extend Range hopefuls to at are leaning more towards Pro. Ford has indicated the number of Pros produced will be a small fraction of overall production with production weighted toward Lariat ER and Platinum models.