Dealers not charging an ADM

M3Master

May 22, 2021
Austin, TX
I figured since a lot of Ford dealers are reputable and customer oriented, it might be good to have a list of dealers that are NOT charging an ADM on the Lightning.

I have confirmed that Leif Johnson Ford in Austin, TX will not charge this. Leo Light is the guy you want to deal with.

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
This list should come in handy. 👍

It sure would be nice if you could place your order directly over the website and pick it up at the dealer.

CoyoteJim

May 26, 2021
Carmichael
My dealer (Future Ford in Sacramento) stated that they are reviewing the orders and have not made a decision yet about charging a dealer markup. However, I checked the list of dealerships that promised to honor msrp for the Bronco and they were on it.

if you’ve already made your reservation (where you have to pick a dealer) and you find out later that dealer is going to charge a markup, what can you do? (Short of losing that reservation spot and having to make another one.)

OP
M

M3Master

May 22, 2021
Austin, TX
My dealer (Future Ford in Sacramento) stated that they are reviewing the orders and have not made a decision yet about charging a dealer markup. However, I checked the list of dealerships that promised to honor msrp for the Bronco and they were on it.

if you’ve already made your reservation (where you have to pick a dealer) and you find out later that dealer is going to charge a markup, what can you do? (Short of losing that reservation spot and having to make another one.)
You can't do a damn thing. My salesman/friend gave me a commitment in writing(in text) and he is the SVT manager there. I would think all you can do is ask them for confirmation in writing. If they won't give that, you are rolling the dice and you should look for another dealer. All the dealers at this point have a bunch of orders and they should damn well know if they are going to charge ADM. If they "don't know", it would indicate to me that they will.

CoyoteJim

May 26, 2021
Carmichael
You can't do a damn thing. My salesman/friend gave me a commitment in writing(in text) and he is the SVT manager there. I would think all you can do is ask them for confirmation in writing. If they won't give that, you are rolling the dice and you should look for another dealer. All the dealers at this point have a bunch of orders and they should damn well know if they are going to charge ADM. If they "don't know", it would indicate to me that they will.
Thanks, I was afraid that’s how it is. He did say that most likely they would not charge ADM but wouldn’t commit to it.

OP
M

M3Master

May 22, 2021
Austin, TX
Yea, I would seriously search for another dealer that will commit. There is a dealer in Kansas I think that will ship nationwide and guarantee no ADM. You might look into that. I can get you the contact info if you like. Hell, for what the ADM is likely to be, you could have it shipped from just about anywhere.

CoyoteJim

May 26, 2021
Carmichael
M3Master, thanks for the tip! Looks like it’s Zeck Ford in Leavenworth Kansas. $1 per mile, so $1700 or so…I’m thinking I should be able to find someone doing the same thing a little closer.

OP
M

M3Master

May 22, 2021
Austin, TX
M3Master, thanks for the tip! Looks like it’s Zeck Ford in Leavenworth Kansas. $1 per mile, so $1700 or so…I’m thinking I should be able to find someone doing the same thing a little closer.
There is a different one that does completely free shipping nationwide. Looks like it’s Javier Almaguer at Long McArthur Ford in Salina Kansas.

OP
M

M3Master

May 22, 2021
Austin, TX
So I was in a different dealership asking about a Mach-E for my wife. I talked w/ the sales director about ADM. He said they are not allowed to charge ADM on ordered vehicles such as the lightning. He said if someone doesn't qualify or doesn't come get their car when it arrives, THEN they will mark it up if the demand is there. So, for orders, it sounds like we are pretty safe.

1st ford

Jul 8, 2021
Texas
Mac Haik in Georgetown Texas does not charge ADM but I dont have a good relationship with the sales rep there. When I purchase a vehicle this relationship is important to me. Id swap my order if I could.

F150⚡️Jorge

Jun 22, 2021
Miami, Fl
So I was in a different dealership asking about a Mach-E for my wife. I talked w/ the sales director about ADM. He said they are not allowed to charge ADM on ordered vehicles such as the lightning. He said if someone doesn't qualify or doesn't come get their car when it arrives, THEN they will mark it up if the demand is there. So, for orders, it sounds like we are pretty safe.
😅

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
when I bought my 2017 Lincoln Continental, It was like the Lightning first year they came out. I had to wait a year for them to build it and the only thing added to MSRP was destination charge of $98. We have not ordered this truck yet so when we get ready to order what we want we can talk to the dealer and if they are going to add to the price we can back out of the deal or call ford or find another dealer

OP
M

M3Master

May 22, 2021
Austin, TX
I have been told by 3 different dealers that they can't charge ADM on factory orders. If someone doesn't pick up their order, and it's for sale on their lot...THEN they can ADM it.

Whitetiburon

Jul 11, 2021
Yea, I would seriously search for another dealer that will commit. There is a dealer in Kansas I think that will ship nationwide and guarantee no ADM. You might look into that. I can get you the contact info if you like. Hell, for what the ADM is likely to be, you could have it shipped from just about anywhere.
Dealer is Long McArthur Ford in Salina Kansas. He is all over youtube. It is true he will deliver the car to you for free as long as you finance with them. They will also fly you out to the dealership and you can drive your F150 lightning home!

Last edited: