Dealers not charging an ADM

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
When did you put your reservation in? I made my reservation roughly 24hrs after the announcement so I hope I'm somewhere in the first 25,000 reservations. Maybe I'll be able to order my truck next year? Fingers crossed.
I made my reservation on May 21. I will probably get my truck at the end of 2022 or first half of 2023.

I have been trying to figure out how many EVs Ford has already sold in the US to see when they will likely exceed the 200.000, but I can only find data from a few years ago. With Mach E sales ramping up they may get to 200.000 soon.

memelnick

Aug 10, 2021
California
I made my reservation on May 21. I will probably get my truck at the end of 2022 or first half of 2023.

I have been trying to figure out how many EVs Ford has already sold in the US to see when they will likely exceed the 200.000, but I can only find data from a few years ago. With Mach E sales ramping up they may get to 200.000 soon.
Good question. According to this article...around 50k (since the beginning of 2021) https://insideevs.com/news/530606/us-ford-mache-sales-august2021/

It does mention most of that 50k has been shipped to Europe for sale. No exact number. Very interesting...

Kogi

Sep 5, 2021
San Antonio
I have noticed that dealerships who call me disappear the moment I ask if they will be selling at msrp. I've had three ghost me completely after saying they will email me more information. I'm in San Antonio, TX and would like to buy locally but thats starting to look it won't be an option.

Gloff

Sep 24, 2021
San Francisco
I have noticed that dealerships who call me disappear the moment I ask if they will be selling at msrp. I've had three ghost me completely after saying they will email me more information. I'm in San Antonio, TX and would like to buy locally but thats starting to look it won't be an option.
We're in California, but we'd he happy to take on your reservation. You can call the CRC and get it switched 800-334-4375.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Try Tomball Ford in Tomball Texas close to Houston Talk to sell manager. It is family owned. That is where I am getting mine from.

ExciteTruck

Sep 25, 2021
Spanaway
You can't do a damn thing. My salesman/friend gave me a commitment in writing(in text) and he is the SVT manager there. I would think all you can do is ask them for confirmation in writing. If they won't give that, you are rolling the dice and you should look for another dealer. All the dealers at this point have a bunch of orders and they should damn well know if they are going to charge ADM. If they "don't know", it would indicate to me that they will.
This is the best policy we did that with our dealer for our Mach-e, which we are still waiting for. Be prepared though, that dealers may not hold to that. Before I put in my reservation I was going to buy a current model gas powered truck this year and I got no adm in writing from a dealer. I got to the dealership 4 hours later and they would not honor it. I walked out.

Kogi

Sep 5, 2021
San Antonio
This is the best policy we did that with our dealer for our Mach-e, which we are still waiting for. Be prepared though, that dealers may not hold to that. Before I put in my reservation I was going to buy a current model gas powered truck this year and I got no adm in writing from a dealer. I got to the dealership 4 hours later and they would not honor it. I walked out.
Thats what makes me nervous. Especially if dealers are asking for more money during ordering.

Gloff

Sep 24, 2021
San Francisco
Yeah, we've been hearing about that a lot lately and it gives all dealers a bad rap. We have always had a signed order confirmation on file for the customer's protection and ours.

king_Coop92

Sep 28, 2021
Georgia
My dealer (Future Ford in Sacramento) stated that they are reviewing the orders and have not made a decision yet about charging a dealer markup. However, I checked the list of dealerships that promised to honor msrp for the Bronco and they were on it.

if you’ve already made your reservation (where you have to pick a dealer) and you find out later that dealer is going to charge a markup, what can you do? (Short of losing that reservation spot and having to make another one.)
Curious to know the answer to this. If you go in and they say they’re charge ADM. Can we switch. I’m in GA and haven’t found out yet.

Is asking them as simple as just an email to say “Are you charging ADM for the F-150 Lighting”?

Gloff

Sep 24, 2021
San Francisco
Curious to know the answer to this. If you go in and they say they’re charge ADM. Can we switch. I’m in GA and haven’t found out yet.

Is asking them as simple as just an email to say “Are you charging ADM for the F-150 Lighting”?
You should be able to switch, check the lightning faq and see if there's a number

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I thank If they charge ADM they will be shooting there self in the foot because you have keep it below $74,000 to get the tax credit. A lot of people are counting on that. I am trying real hard to get it down to $74,000 I want the premium Lariat so I am hoping ford will let me take off the moonroof or something to get it down

Gloff

Sep 24, 2021
San Francisco
I thank If they charge ADM they will be shooting there self in the foot because you have keep it below $74,000 to get the tax credit. A lot of people are counting on that. I am trying real hard to get it down to $74,000 I want the premium Lariat so I am hoping ford will let me take off the moonroof or something to get it down
That price limit is not currently in effect, it's part of a bill that has not been signed into law.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Why is it that when gas prices go way up and we try to buy a car that gets better gas mileage then the car dealers jack the price of the car up to steal any saving we might get on the gas mileage. Now the government is going to give use a price break to buy a car to help the environment and maybe save a little money on gas here comes the gritty car dealer jack the car price up on us to steal our tax rebate. I did not let them in the gas shortage and I will not let them know.

Eric

Oct 27, 2021
Connecticut
Anyone know of a dealership in Connecticut not charging ADM? My reservation is currently with Stevens Ford of Milford and havent been able to get an answer.

Ljames

Sep 14, 2021
Killeen, Texas
No ADM at Johnson Brothers Ford in Temple, TX. Dealer fees are about $500 for tint and door guards (I think that's the guard to keep from denting your truck doors on other cars). The internet sales person has been quick to answer emails but skimpy on information. $1,000 non-refundable deposit. I have no idea how many reservation holders they have (see comment above).